1 delighting the senses or exciting intellectual or emotional admiration; "a beautiful child"; "beautiful country"; "a beautiful painting"; "a beautiful theory"; "a beautiful party" [ant: ugly]
2 aesthetically pleasing
3 (of weather) highly enjoyable; "what a beautiful day"
- , /ˈbjuːtɪfəl/, /"bju:tIf@l/
- Hyphenation: beau·ti·ful
- possessing charm and attractive.
- Anyone who has ever met her thought she was absolutely beautiful.
- In the context of "of the weather": pleasant; clear.
- well executed
- The skater performed a beautiful axel.
- (as a pro-sentence)
How beautiful that is!
- Beautiful! What a catch! (referring to an athlete catching a ball)
- (as a pro-sentence; ironic) How unfortunate that is!
- Beautiful! I dropped the soup on the floor!
- (possessing charm and attractive): attractive, cute, fair, good-looking, gorgeous, handsome, hot (slang), lovely, nice-looking, pretty, shapely, fit (slang)
- (of the weather): clear, fine, nice, pleasant, sunny
- (well executed): excellent, exceptional, good, great, marvellous/marvelous, perfect, stylish, wonderful
- (ironic: how unfortunate): great, marvellous/marvelous, nice, very nice, wonderful (any of these can be prefixed with an intensifier such as bloody, damned or just)
possessing charm and attractive
- Afrikaans: mooi
- Albanian: i bukur , e bukur
- Anglo-Saxon: wlitig
- Arabic: (jamil)
- Armenian: գեղեցիկ (geghetsig)
- Breton: brav, kaer
- Bulgarian: красив, прекрасен
- Catalan: bell, formós
- Chinese: 漂亮 (piàoliàng, piao4liang4), 美 (měi, meili, mei3li4)
- Danish: smuk en, smukt et, smukke p
- Dutch: mooi
- Esperanto: bela
- Estonian: kaunis ilus
- Faroese: vakur , vøkur vakurt
- Fijian: totoka
- Filipino: maganda
- Finnish: kaunis
- French: beau, belle
- German: schön
- Greek: ωραίος (oraíos), όμορφος (ómorfos)
- Hebrew: יפה (yafe) , יפה (yafa)
- Hindi: ख़ूबसूरत (khūbsūrat), सुन्दर (sundar)
- Icelandic: fallegur, fagur
- Indonesian: indah, cantik, ayu, molek, cakep
- Italian: bello
- Japanese: 美しい (うつくしい, utsukushii), 綺麗 (きれい, kirei), 素敵 (すてき, suteki)
- Kurdish: ,
- Latin: pulcher, formosus, bellus
- Novial: beli
- Old Norse: fagr
- Persian: (ziba), (ghashangeh)
- Polish: piękny , piękna , piękne , piękni , piękne ,
- Portuguese: belo, bela, bonito, bonita
- Romanian: frumos, frumoasă
- Russian: красивый, прекрасный
- Scottish Gaelic: àlainn, bòidheach, brèagha, fèilleil, grinn, maiseach, rìomhach, sgèimheach
- Slovak: krásny , krásna , krásne
- Spanish: hermoso, bello, lindo
- Swedish: fin, vacker
- Tajik: (nilufar)
- Tamil: அழகிய [azhagiya]
- Telugu: అందమైన
- Turkish: güzel
- Urdu: (khūbsūrat)
- Vietnamese: đẹp, đẹp đẽ
- West Frisian: moai, kreas
of weather: pleasant, clear
- Finnish: kaunis, loistava
ironic: how unfortunate
- Finnish: loistava
Beautiful is an adjective used to describe things as posessing beauty. Beautiful can also refer to one of the following.
- Beautiful (David Tao album), a 2006 album by David Tao
- beautiful., a 2001 album by Fantastic Plastic Machine
- "Beautiful" (10 Years song), a song by 10 Years from their 2008 album Division.
- "Beautiful" (Ailyn song), a song by Ailyn, from her 2004 album Ya Nada Queda
- "Beautiful" (Athlete song), a song by Athlete, from their 2003 debut album Vehicles and Animals
- "Beautiful," a song by Audio Adrenaline from their 2001 album Lift.
- "Beautiful" a 2004 song by Bethany Dillon on her self-titled album, Bethany Dillon (album)
- "Beautiful" (Christina Aguilera song), a song written and produced by Linda Perry, and released by Christina Aguilera on her 2002 album Stripped
- "Beautiful", a song from Don Omar from the compilation album Mas Flow: Los Benjamins.
- "Beautiful", a song by HIM from their 2001 album "Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights".
- "Beautiful" (Mandalay song), a song by Mandalay, from their 1998 album Empathy
- "Beautiful" (Moby song), a song by Moby, from his 2005 album Hotel
- "Beautiful", a 2001 song by Sevendust from their album Animosity
- "Beautiful", a song by the Smashing Pumpkins, from their 1995 album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
- "Beautiful" (Snoop Dogg song), a song by Snoop Dogg, from his 2002 album Paid tha Cost to Be da Bo$$
- Beautiful (film), a 2000 drama starring Minnie Driver and Kathleen Turner
- The Beautiful Parade, an underground campaign to end apathy and restore beauty to culture
beautiful in Italian: Beautiful (disambigua)
beautiful in Japanese: ビューティフル
beautiful in Simple English: Beautiful
beautiful in Vietnamese: Beautiful (bài hát)
admirable, aesthetic, aesthetically appealing, alluring, appealing, art-conscious, artistic, arty, attractive, beauteous, bonny, charming, choice, comely, delightful, elegant, endowed with beauty, excellent, exquisite, eye-filling, fair, fine, first-rate, flowerlike, glorious, good-looking, gorgeous, graceful, gracile, handsome, hear, heavy, incomparable, lovely, magnificent, of consummate art, ornamental, painterly, personable, pleasant, pleasing, pretty, proper, pulchritudinous, radiant, resplendent, smashing, spectacular, splendid, stunning, sublime, superb, superior, tasteful, well done, well-favored, wonderful